Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

$200 Santa Wish List Tag

Apparently leave from work makes me want to do tag posts or something... Which I wouldn't usually consider myself enough of a blogger to get on board for. I read this one on Sam Schuerman's blog this time. It struck me not just as a bit of fun, but also pretty useful. One of those people blessed with an end of the year birthday (its tomorrow in case you're wondering) I always find that thinking of good things that I actually want pretty hard - which means I just get a lot of nothings from my mum (chief gift giver of course). Seriously if I have a child with a birthday in December we will start a family tradition of celebrating half birthdays.

The premise here is pretty simple. With a budget of $200 what would I ideally like for Christmas?


1. Illamasqua Blush in Morale. $28 each. I love Illamasqua blushes, and I love Illamasqua itself for the price lowering they did earlier this year. I have bought this in the past... and very sadly smashed/spilled it... and that thing cost me $42 dollars! (Sadly it must be noted that the closest Myers that stocks Illamasqua is Brisbane City - which costs $15-20 by train :( there goes the saving)
Running Total: $28

2. Illumasqua Blush Duo in Hussy/Lover. $39. I have test the Hussy blush before and really liked it. So why not get two together.
Running Total: $67


2. Kylie Minogue Sexy Darling Perfume 50mL. $25. At least that was the price I saw at the local chemist and not on any visible special. Seems right Darling (the original) 75mL cost me $29 dollars at Big W. This is a nice scent. I am a real perfume person and I could make a list purely of perfumes that are currently on my 'to-get' list - in fact I probably will in the future. (Largely because I wouldn't mind a consolidated list for myself.)
Running Total: $92


3. Taylor Swift's Red. Her latest album - though this is more a last minute 'I want this for my birthday' sort of thing. It has a song '22' - perfect for a 22 birthday. $21.99 from Sanity
Running Total: $114


4. Toby Keith's Hope On The Rocks. Country is currently 2 for $40 at Sanity (although I'm showing full scale prices for the purposes of this list). I am a long term Toby Keith fan - seriously I could sing all the words to If a Man Answers, Should've Been a Cowboy and Dream Walkin' when most of my classmates were in the 'boy bands are awesome' mindset. The best bit? What I've seen from this album is some old school Toby Keith. Just want I've been needing. $21.99
Running Total: $136

 
5. Piano For Leisure Series 1 Grade 3. Not actually a new book for me. This is my old piano book. Yes, I really did do 15 or so years of piano and achieve the not so lofty heights of grade three FOR LEISURE. Its been several years and I'd like to get back into it. However I've lost my music book and when I went to replace it they only had my Grade 4 book. Yes I had moved beyond my grade 3 book however it has all the songs in it I used to be competent to play. I'd like to be able to play them again. On ebay I can find this for $34 including delivery.
Running Total: $170

6. Wool Socks. I'd like to get these early seeing as I am not at home for christmas. However a good pair of thermal socks before my holiday to Europe for Christmas itself wouldn't go astray. Long ones are prefered - and any of the earlier items (though hopefully not all of them) can be substituted for socks.$14.00.
Running Total: $184

7. Garnier Roll-On Deodorant. I don't know about everybody else but deodorant is a stock standard for Christmas at my house. So I may as well think through my choose what kind I would like. Garnier seem to work best for me. $4.72 according to the Woolworths website.
Running Total: $189


8. Colgate Travel Essentials Pack. In keeping with the 'hopefully gifted to me before my holiday' theme of the socks (although the socks are also useful for work) I figure I might as well but some hand tooth care on my list. I love the Colgate Travel kits - they are just what you need. They are also $7.41 on the mighty, mighty Woolworths website.
Running Total: $197.

I think I did a pretty good job of this list. I managed to get everything I need and could think to want in it. I do of course also have my eye on a camera as a christmas gift to myself (I do bad things to cameras and my poor darling's zoom no longer shuts correct so it is definitely on its last legs.). This pretty much sums up what I'd like for my birthday/Christmas. If I get any of it I'll be a happy girl :) but I'm not that fussed. I'll probably just end up buying them myself throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment