Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

The $150 Make Up Collection

I suppose this is a 'tag' post or sorts. Or perhaps just a 'challenge' being that there is no tagging of people at the end of it. Regardless I copied it off Project Swatch who did it in response to a Temptalia post. There is probably going to be a fair bit of make-up on my blog in the next week or so... I am bored. So it is either blog about it or be COMPLETELY unproductive... (I'm probably going to be a bit of both).

Now before I get into this I am going to re-iterate that I am Australian. That should ease the minds of anybody reading this thinking 'What the hell is she doing paying those kind of prices?'. Similarly I would never buy a lot of these things at these prices - in Australia purchasing drugstore make-up becomes an artform - Priceline sales are the bomb!



Face
Garnier BB Cream Oil-Free (the one for Combination/Oily skin) in Light - $10.99
Except for the slight disagreement with the messiness asssociated with the packaging this stuff is amazing. (Not shown because apparently it is going to make me hunt for it tomorrow morning :/)
Rimmel Stay-Matte Pressed Powder - $12.95
Colour irrelevant.
Australis Blush in Baby Doll - $9.95
The only blush I've ever come close to finishing.
Covergirl Simply Ageless Concealer in Light - $17.95
I know its an anti age concealer and I'm oily - I suck at concealer and its the only one I seem to be able to get the hang of...

Eyes
Australis Eye Shadow Primer - $12.95
This is the best eye primer I've ever tried for me eye primer is a necessity - even under things like supposed 'bases'.
Loreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Hour Glass Beige - $19.95
Honestly my favourite one is Sahara Treasure but like so much of everything it is limited addition - I bought it from a bargin bin for $7 and there is no replacing it directly.
Maybelline Colour Eye Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze - $11.95
Classics Eyeshadow Quad in Smokey Eyes Brown - $5.29
A Woolworths special. Obviously not top of the line but reasonable, and cheap and readily accessible to boot which is how I ended up with it in the first instance.
Essense Brow Designer in Blonde - $2.95
Essense Maximum Definition Volume Mascara - $5.50
I haven't managed to get the hang of mascara, or something... I do it wrong - repeatedly. This is the first mascara I've used and managed to think 'this is what I was hoping for' with. High praise indeed.
Rimmel Exaggerate Automatic Waterproof Eye Definer in Noir - $6.25

Lips
Nivea Lip Care Balm Hydro Care - $3.75
Here I'm really going to go on a limb with a current but limited addition product so it has a not limited addition alternative.
Face of Australia Sheer Lip Crayons - $14.95
I love Sundae. It is my go to. Even despite the fact mine is a bit sick - it got a bit over heated.
In the absense of that... I'd have to buy the 'bandwagon' bullet and admit to a deep affection for my...
Revlon ColorBurst™ Lip Butter in Sugar Plum OR Pink Truffle - $21.95
Allow me some whimsy it would totally depend on the my mood that day they are my favourite lip products.

Clean
Australis 3 in 1 Wipes - $4.95

TOTAL - $147.33


Next I'd probably look into buying some tools, a blush brush, eye shadow brushes. Why are there no tools in the initial buy? Because I managed well enough before I got them... and a lot of my favourite tools are gifts with purchase (an Almay set from about 12 months ago) and limited addition - Sportsgirl had a great duel ended eye-shadow brush at one point which I have multiple of. Either that... or very expensive.

Final thought... if that is $150 dollars.... shit. I have far too many dollars invested in my make-up collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment